Saturday, August 3, 2019

Wonder Festival Summer 2019 Afterthoughts

Wonfest is here again!!! Let's go straight to my wishlist. As usual, I have divided them into four broad categories below:


“Sorry Wallet-san, Room Space-san” Figures


Introducing my highly anticipated nendo, first up will be Filo from Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari. This is pretty much a no-brainer since Naofumi & Raphtalia are already coming into my collection. Following which, Mista from Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken - Ougon no Kaze is joining his fellow gang members, Bucciarati & Giorno. I cannot imagine how GSC is going to design his Stand!  

Akutagawa from Bungou Stray Dogs is another one who I am excited about since I have recently gotten Dazai & Chuuya. Actually, this is an unexpected purchase. My love skyrocketed after watching Season 3 and I managed to find them at pre-order price locally. I knew that I must grasp this awesome opportunity! Finally, will be the star: Sakura from Zombie Land Saga. I initially thought that it is a foregone conclusion and there is no hope of any release. GSC has proven me wrong and has even given us the zombie version. At this point of writing, the pre-order is already up. Highly recommended to those who has not watched the show.



This announcement, Chaos Soldier from Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters took me by surprise and was totally blown away by it. Even though it will probably use an arm and a leg to get him based on Blue Eyes White Dragon’s price, he will certainly find his way into my collection, barring any unexpected circumstances. As usual, Chopper from One Piece is in his cutesy self, rendering me helpless against him.

“Full of Hopes” Figures


I will always welcome figures from No Game No Life. This swimsuit Shiro is intriguing. Swimsuit figures are not my cup of tea. However, this pose is not overly sexy. Hope to see the coloured protype before I make my decision. Really thrilled by Phat Company’s version featuring Schwi & Shiro. Thanks to ChibiSaturn who teased this artwork, Hype level instant off the roof. Will be an instant PO should this be indeed the design which this figure is based on.


Kimetsu no Yaiba is one of my favourite show after watching the show based on some of the Youtubers’ recommendation. Various companies are picking them up which demonstrate their popularity. I am almost certain to pick up both Tanjiro and Nezuko nendo. As for scales figures, it is not that straightforward since I kinda like both Kotobukiya and Aniplex’s versions. Leaning towards Kotobukiya’s one though since I like their Tanjiro better and will like to collect all from the same maker. Megahouse will also be entering the fray as well. Hope we can have some coloured prototypes to shed some light.


Kono Suba is getting a lot of figures, namely Megumin. Happy to see our explosive enthusiast receiving love from figure companies. However, I will like to have Aqua & Darkness too in the same set before I even contemplate whether to po or not. On the side note, I frankly cannot remember this yellow hair lady…

“What the Fish” Figures


Robin in Miss All Sunday outfit is what I have been dreaming for since I watched One Piece. Dammit! Megahouse just cannot sculpt a proper one? Her balloon boobs is a major turn-off personally. Instant drop from my holy grail list.

“Blurry Unknown Realm” Figure


This sounds unimaginable but for someone whose favourite genre is shonen battle anime, I do not have a single BNHA figure to show for. I am not entirely sure if it is due to my unwillingness to start another new line or the figures are not enticing enough for me to categorise them into my holy grail list. Having said that, the nendo announcement of All Might and Tsuyu is a deadly combo which I may succumb to.

I will have preferred to release the rest of the gang before they release Nero and Prosciutto. The design certainly piqued my interest but if that is enough for me to get them is a different story.

GSC is also releasing Yue from Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou & Mamako from Tsuujou Kougeki ga Zentai Kougeki de Ni-kai Kougeki no Okaasan wa Suki desu ka, both shows which I like. Early days though since I do not want to jump in now and end up having a hard time to sell later.

Kaguya from Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai is also getting the nendo treatment. I may end up getting her if they release the rest of the cast.


Another show - Enn Enn no Shouboutai which I am looking out for. The Shinra’s scale from Kotobuiya look pretty sick though.


Unfortunately, I no longer trust Megahouse, having bitten once by them. *think of the cursed Film Z line* I will probably get this line in the aftermarket only when the whole crew is announced.

Overall Feelings

Overall, a wonderful Wonfest with 6 confirmed POs and lots of prototypes to look forward to! Having said that, I am worried as my beloved Hitman Reborn did not get any nendo treatment. Hope they continue with the line… Till the next Wonfest... じゃねぇ ^^v

No comments:

Post a Comment